Saturday, September 4, 2010

Father’s Day :)

The idea for creating a day for children to honour their fathers began in Washington. A woman by the name of Sonora Smart Dodd thought of the idea for Father's Day after her mother died. She wanted her father to know how special he was to her. It was her father that made all the parental sacrifices for her. Sonora's father was born in June, so she chose to hold the first Father's Day celebration in Washington on the 19th of June, 1910. The officially recognized date of Father's Day varies from country to country.

5th of September is FATHERS DAY in Australia, celebration of honouring fathers. Almost all the children don’t forget to make the day special giving a gift to dad and go for a dinner..Etc. But I really miss my dad in Sri Lanka. I find myself wondering did I ever thank him for everything has done for me...to celebrate my success...to accept defeats...to deal with life’s stress...teaching me the value of hard work...courage...laughter...smiles..Good times together...HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment